Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Re-introductions

In a desire for people to know who it is writing this blog, I want to reintroduce myself. My name is Travis Hawkley. I am a father, teacher, writer, reader, scholar of sorts, and a firm believer in human potential. I grew up partly in Texas and at 6 foot 6 inches tall and 280 pounds represent that things are bigger in Texas. The other part of my childhood was spent in Boise, Idaho, a place I call home and hope to return to one day. My younger years were spent reading, thousands of books on all different topics and from many distinct genres. I have lived in Russia and Spain and count those experiences as defining ones for me. I have a BA in Linguistics and a MA in Second Language Teaching. I love language and have taught ESL (all ages) and Spanish (college level). Language can be a great equalizer or divider if not used correctly. I am a bearded, Croc and old polyester tie wearing professional. I have an addiction to reading and purchasing 40's to 70's self-help books such as Og Mandino, Norman Vincent Peale, Alan Loy McGinnis, etc. I love Sci-Fi, fantasy, and many other genres. I am part Whovian, Sherlockian, Supernaturalist.  Above all, I love teaching and helping people succeed where they thought they couldn't. Any questions?

No comments: