Friday, October 17, 2008

Life is Beautiful

My wife and I were out at garage sales a few weeks ago and I was excited to find Life is Beautiful on DVD for just one dollar. What a steal!
This movie puts an interesting spin on the events of the Holocaust. The story revolves around a family who is put into concentration camps. The father wishes to keep the pain from his son and so tells him that it is a game, with the winner getting a tank. The entire movie shows the strength of the spirit. With atrocities occurring around them, the family is able to emotionally endure in a sense.
It is stories like this that make me think about how I react to the hardships that occur in my own relatively simple life. Can I be better at looking at the bright side of every situation? Could I better help those around me by being optimistic in every sense? I believe so.

1 comment:

NateDredge said...

One of my all time faves.