Wednesday, December 5, 2007

The West Wing

Maybe it's all of the media coverage of the 2008 presidential election or just the fact that I love the intricacies of politics. I absolutely love "The West Wing". This show reminds me that there are people out there who truly care about the state of our country. Every time I watch the show, I just yearn for a political candidate like Jed Bartlett. I would vote for him...no matter what party he belonged to. We need more of that intelligence and charisma in our elected officials. I honestly want to be a better person when I watch the passion that is thrown around the Oval Office. I would love to have my life have as much meaning and be able to help as many people as they do.
Getting up on my soapbox...we should expect more of our political candidates. We should not allow ourselves to vote for a candidate just because he belongs to the party we usually vote for. We have a duty to demand the best from our representatives. If we all continue to think that our voice in politics doesn't matter and isn't heard, then it won't be. I'll get down now...

2 comments:

Roland said...

I'll take just a little credit for sharing my complete set of all seasons of "The West Wing" with Travis.

Anonymous said...

Seriously, West Wing is so good. For those of you who haven't watched it, check it out! I also agree with Travis. Watching it makes for a bittersweet experience because it does make one wish for that sort of people in our white house. I'd vote for President Bartlett! He seems to care about all the little things that make up our country. He cares about the people that live in AND outside of the county he's president of.